Here is a Photoshop tutorial on how to make a soft glow and change the lighting of your photos. It’s really fun and easy to do.
1. Open up your photo in Photoshop. I’m using a photo of Fiona’s foot for this tutorial.
2. At the top, click “Images,” then scroll down to “Adjustments,” then down to “Brightness/Contrast”. Change the brightness to approximately 50%. If you have a really white, bright, or over-exposed photo already, then you can skip this step.
3. At the top, click “Layers,” then scroll down and click “Duplicate Layer.” A little box will come up. Click “OK.”
4. At the top, click “Filter,” then scroll down to “Blur,” then down to “Gaussian Blur.” Change it to make the Radius: 25 pixels.
5. On the side box, under “Layers,” at the very top there is a box that says “Normal.” Click this box and scroll down to “Multiply.” Voila! You are finished!
Here are a few other soft, glowy photos of our one month old Fiona.